16 Nov Food You Can Eat After Having Your Wisdom Teeth Removed
For many people having their wisdom teeth removed is an absolute requirement. If they are not taken out they can cause pain and discomfort, affect the alignment of the teeth, and have major consequences for oral health moving forward.
What Foods Can I Eat After Having My Wisdom Teeth Removed
Having wisdom teeth removed is important, but it is not always pleasant. The removal process is fairly involved. And the recovery process can be lengthy and uncomfortable. To help you prepare as much as possible in advance, learn about some food that you can eat after having your wisdom teeth removed.
- Applesauce – Since your teeth and jaw will likely be uncomfortable after your surgery you will want to focus on soft foods that do not require a lot of chewing. Applesauce is a great choice that is easy to get down and packed full of the healthy benefits of apples.
- Ice Cream – The soft, smooth texture of ice cream is ideal after having your wisdom teeth removed. Plus, since this is an indulgent treat it can help to brighten your mood when you are recovering.
- Soup – There are some soups you can digest without doing any chewing at all. Plus, there is a lot of variety available and easy opportunities to add vitamins and minerals to your recovery diet. Just make sure you let soup cool completely before eating. Extreme temperatures can irritate the area where you had your wisdom teeth removed.
- Mashed Potatoes – When your diet consists of a lot of soft and unexciting foods it can be hard to feel like you are full. Mashed potatoes are a menu item that is easy on your teeth that will leave you feeling satisfied around meal times.
- Yogurt – This is a great option since it delivers the protein and other positive attributes of dairy but with less calories and fat than ice cream. You can also use yogurt to help you soften other things like cereal.
- Smoothies – Just because you have your wisdom teeth removed doesn’t mean you want to give up on eating healthy. Smoothies, homemade juices, and even milkshakes can be a great way to get fruits and vegetables in a format that is easy to consume.
South Florida Smiles: Get Your Wisdom Teeth Removed
If you are already thinking about the post dental surgery process, you are obviously eager to have your wisdom teeth removed. Make sure you are working with an experienced and empathetic team by calling South Florida Smiles at 561-257-0022 in Delray or 561-257-1007 in Boca.